Church Hall - General Conditions of HireSt John the Baptist, Shiphay Collaton, Torquay
Hall rooms are available for hire at very reasonable rates. For more information contact the Parish Administrator on 01803 401316. You can download and print the application form (50Kb).
1) CHARGE – All hire charges paid by cheque should be made payable to St John the Baptist, PCC and sent to the Church Administrator. If payment is made by cheque it MUST be submitted no less than 14 days in advance. Cash payments can also be made and receipts are available on request for either method of payment.
2) SUPERVISION – The hirer will be responsible for the supervision of the arrangements and activities in the Church Hall during the period of hire and the prevention of disorderly behaviour. The Church Hall Committee shall not be held responsible for any accident arising from the use of special apparatus brought into the Church Hall (see also paragraphs 11-15 below)
3) LEADERS – The hirer, or responsible person nominated by him/her in writing, shall be responsible during the whole period the Church Hall is let.
4) COMPLETION OF HIRING – The hirer must keep the Church Hall and any equipment therein in a clean and orderly state and leave it so on the expiration of the time for which the Church Hall is hired. If hall equipment is moved, the hall should be reinstated to its original state and all items returned to their allocated place. All rubbish MUST be bagged and taken off site for alternative disposal. An additional charge of £50 will be incurred if all criteria have NOT been satisfied. Hiring of the Church Hall that is likely to offend the public – e.g. loud disco music – will not be allowed. Hirers are required to ensure that all windows, doors/fire doors are closed and/or locked at the end of the hire period.
5) COMPLAINTS – Any complaints by the hirer in respect of the use of the Church Hall or of any of the arrangements connected therewith must be made in writing within 48 hours of the cause thereof to a member of the Church Hall Committee or to the Church Administrator.
6) FITTINGS AND DECORATIONS – No nails, screws or other means of fastening shall be attached, driven or screwed into the walls, floors, doors or other surfaces of the rooms.
7) EQUIPMENT – No tables, chairs or other equipment or fittings are to be hired out or removed from the Church Hall except by express permission of the Church Hall Committee
8) LIABILITY – The hirer shall be liable for and shall indemnify the Church Hall Committee against all costs, charges, claims or actions in respect of any injury to any person unless due to the negligence of the Church Hall Committee or any loss of, or damage to property during the course of or arising from the hiring. All articles brought into the Church Hall are at the owner’s risk and the Church Hall Committee will not be responsible for any loss of or damage to clothing or property of any person.
9) SMOKING – Smoking is NOT permitted in the Church Hall
10) AMPLIFIED MUSIC – Amplified music is not permitted after 10.30 p.m. on any day of the year.
11) FIRE PRECAUTIONS – It is the responsibility of the hirers to familiarise themselves with the published procedures for evacuating the premises and the whereabouts of and access to fire extinguishers and fire exits. Regular users should institute six-monthly drills to ensure that their plans for evacuating the premises will function in all circumstances.
12) ACCIDENTAL INJURY – The hirer carries responsibility for arranging for the treatment of any injury. Details of the injury and of the treatment arranged should be recorded in the Church Hall Accident Book as well as any documentation the hirer might wish to keep
13) HEALTH AND SAFETY – Whilst the Church Hall Committee will take every precaution to ensure that the building is a safe and healthy environment it is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that all activities within the premises are conducted in a safe manner. Please observe the advisory signs displayed around the building. If the hirer should find any defect in the property the Church Hall Committee or the Church Administrator should be advised within 48 hours (see para.5 above) and steps should be taken by the hirer to remove the defective item from further use, pending repair or disposal by the Church Hall Committee.
14) ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT – As part of our Health and Safety commitment the Church Hall Committee are obliged to point out the following. There is now a legal requirement that all electrical equipment used in public buildings must be Portable Appliance Tested (“PAT” tested) and that equipment cannot be used unless it has tested satisfactorily. The Church Hall Committee, or in their absence the Church Administrator, must therefore have sight of a current PAT Test Certificate for every item of electrical equipment intended to be used during the hire of the Church Hall prior to the beginning of the hire.
15) AMENDMENTS TO THESE CONDITIONS OF HIRE – Any request to change these Conditions of Hire must be addressed to the Church Hall Committee a minimum of one month prior to the hire beginning.
16) CHRISTIAN BELIEFS – Those wanting to hire the Hall whose purposes are incompatible to Christian beliefs will not be accepted.
All hirers MUST be over 18 years of age.
For more information contact the Parish Administrator on 01803 401316. You can download and print the application form (50Kb).